ADVERTORIAL: Take on a young person… and you’ll be amazed at what you get in return.
Kickstart is a £2billion UK Government scheme to support creation of quality paid work placements for young people.
The Orkney Economic Recovery Steering Group have already made a ‘gateway bid’ to the scheme for over thirty placements from interested local employers – if successful, additional employers will be able to add placements through our gateway.
Employers can now apply direct to the Kickstart scheme at www.gov.uk/kickstart for any number of placements.
What young people get:
- Enhance and develop their skills and boost confidence
- Positive steps into employment
- contribute to their business community
What employers get:
- Minimum wage paid for 25 hours a week for 6 months
- £1.5k grant to employers for setup and support costs
- Enhance your business with new staff and fresh ideas
Want to know more? www.orkney.gov.uk/kickstart or phone Kerry Spence at OIC on 01856 87 35 35 ext 2408